Adoption & Guardianship A Different Kind of Legal Help

Colorado Adoption & Guardianship Lawyer

Limited Legal Services for Clients in Greeley & Beyond

Parents with adopted childAre you looking to adopt a child privately or through a local, national, or international agency? Are you seeking to establish a guardianship for a minor or an adult in Colorado? Do you need legal services that you can afford?

At The Legal Quill, our passion is to provide the legal assistance you need at a price that you can manage. We offer high-caliber, unbundled legal services for both adoption and guardianship, assisting with court documents and filings. Why pay for representation from a full-service firm at extravagant prices for services you do not need or want? Our firm offers a more cost-effective alternative by providing only the services you need to move forward with your case.

Contact us at (970) 800-2125 to get started with help from a Colorado adoption and guardianship attorney today.

What Does Colorado Require to Adopt?

Under Colorado law, couples and individuals who wish to adopt are subject to certain requirements. These requirements will vary according to whether you seek a private adoption or one through an adoption agency.

In Colorado, you must be at least 21 years of age to adopt. Both singles and couples, including same-sex couples, can adopt. Generally, the adoption process requires background checks, a home study, health reports, financial reports, and more. Many documents will need to be filed, all of which The Legal Quill is prepared to handle. We can also provide legal advice regarding the process.

Guardianship for Adults or Minors

Guardians are appointed by courts to make decisions on behalf of someone else regarding their finances, healthcare, and daily life. The person for whom a guardianship is established is referred to as a ward. A guardianship is sought and established when the ward is unable to care for themselves.

If you are over 21 years of age, you can seek guardianship of a minor or an incapacitated adult. This is done by filing your guardianship petition with the court in the county where the child or adult resides. If the ward is an incapacitated adult, you must present medical evidence to the court verifying his or her incapacity. A guardian may be granted limited or complete authority over the ward’s decisions depending on the circumstances. Yearly reports from guardians concerning the state of their ward must be submitted to the courts.

Are you ready to file your legal paperwork for an adoption or to establish a guardianship? Call The Legal Quill at (970) 800-2125.

Let's Get Started Togther

We're Here to Help You through Every Step
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.