Grandparents Rights A Different Kind of Legal Help

Colorado Grandparents’ Rights Lawyer

Grandparents Have Rights in Colorado – We Help Fight for Them

Grandparent with grandchildIn recent years, grandparents have gained support in pursuing visitation rights and even custody of their grandchildren under certain conditions. In Colorado, this has been backed by law. If you are a grandparent who would like to have the legal right to visit your grandchildren or have this right extended to some form of custody, you can petition the court with the appropriate documentation.

At The Legal Quill, we can help you file the appropriate paperwork and petitions to achieve your goals. Offering unbundled legal services, we can advise you accordingly and prepare your court documentation for submission. Our Colorado grandparents’ right lawyer takes the time to listen to your story so that we can provide the guidance that will help you in your unique situation.

Call The Legal Quill at (970) 800-2125 to learn more about how we can assist you.

Grandparents’ Rights in Colorado

In Colorado, you can request visitation rights of a grandchild if:

  • Your grandchild’s parents have divorced, legally separated, or had their marriage annulled
  • Someone other than the child’s parent has received custody of your grandchild
  • Your grandchild’s parent has passed away

The court will review your request and if it feels that it is in the best interests of the child, you may be granted visitation rights.

Child Custody & Grandparents Rights in Colorado

Grandparents may also pursue some form of custody of a grandchild in certain instances. When a child has been removed from the home, grandparents are often preferred over foster care for the child. Additionally, if you have been providing actual physical care of your grandchild for the last six months, you may be able to pursue legal custody.

A grandparent’s legal rights may also be modified when a child is adopted or when the child’s parent loses custody of the child. In every case, courts will render a decision based on what is in the best interests of the child.

Need the services of a grandparents’ rights attorney in Greeley, CO? Contact us online or call (970) 800-2125 today!

Let's Get Started Togther

We're Here to Help You through Every Step
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.