Modifications A Different Kind of Legal Help

Colorado Modifications Attorney

Modify Your Family Court Order

Judge modifying court orderIn life, change is a constant – which means that an existing family court order regarding child support, child custody, or alimony may no longer make sense for your lifestyle. Former spouses may find themselves facing significant changes in their jobs, health, finances, and relationships. In these situations, you may wish to request a modification of a court order that reflects these important changes.

At The Legal Quill, we can provide the legal guidance you need to understand the process you face and to prepare the necessary documentation that you will need to file with the court to successfully modify your court order. Our Colorado modifications lawyer has worked with countless individuals throughout the state.

Call us at (970) 800-2125 today.

How Do You Modify a Custody Order in Colorado?

Parenting time schedule changes may need to be altered to accommodate changes in a parent’s life.

You may need to modify your child custody order due to:

  • A job loss
  • An illness or injury (whether yours or the child’s)
  • A substantial change in your job
  • The changing needs of the child
  • Relocation
  • Financial problems

You must present valid evidence as to why the parenting schedule should be altered. The court will decide on what it deems to be fair and in the child’s best interests.

Can You Modify a Child Support Order?

Child support payments may also need to change due to the needs of a growing child or due to a parent’s altered financial condition, whether it involves an increase or decrease in income. Other factors may also warrant a child support modification, such as the custodial parent’s need to relocate or the addition of other children to the paying spouse’s obligations.

Modification of Decision Making

A parent may or may not be awarded legal custody, which determines the parent’s right to make major decisions about the child’s upbringing, such as healthcare, schooling, and religion. Either parent may seek a change to this form of parental responsibility by petitioning the court.

Find out how The Legal Quill can help you modify your court order by contacting us at (970) 800-2125.

Let's Get Started Togther

We're Here to Help You through Every Step
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.